Saturday, May 8, 2010

Been a LONG time!

Life got super hectic for awhile and I didnt update this thing at all. We left Quantico, VA and Mason and I were in Ohio from Thanksgiving until after Christmas while Mick was checking in with his unit in Camp Pendleton, CA. Then we spent January to end of April at Ft Sill, OK while Mick was at Artillery school. We were supposed to be in OK until end of May, but Mick found out on Wednesday, Apr 28th, that his orders got cut early and that we needed to be in California by the following Wednesday, so he could have time to set up the house and catch a flight with other guys to a course in VA for 2 weeks. so we had about 3 days to get our entire house packed up, a moving truck, mick's car shipped and everything we needed for the actual trip organized and then a few days for the actual move. Needless to say, it was hectic, but we made it! The the day after we got here, Mason ended up with some kind of bug and was vomiting everywhere, so that put a halt on the moving-in process, then Mick and I both ended up with it too. *sigh* it's been a ROUGH WEEK!!!!!! slowly but surely, we're getting the house put together. Tomorrow we'll finally have our bed to sleep in, instead of just a mattress on the floor, so that will be wonderful lol Hopefully things will get settled here soon, so we can start enjoying the beautiful california weather!

Mason is growing like a weed and learning new things everyday. I cant believe he's 13 months old already! what happened to my lil baby boy??? He's ornery as ever and loves to tease his mommy and daddy. He's very independent, so feeding him is difficult these days. He's picky, so he only wants certain things. He only has 5 front teeth, so the options as to what he can eat are limited, since he doesnt have molars to chew anything hard and he will NOT let me feed him anything off a spoon anymore, but he's not quite coordinated enough to do it himself yet.. so finger foods are all this kid will eat and I hate it. Bananas, broccoli and cut up pears are about the only healthy things i can get i him! i know it's a phase and it will pass, but it makes me feel like a bad parent when i give him things like french fries and chicken nuggets. I know it's okay once in awhile, but i feel like he gets those things too often because I cant get him to eat anything else. I'll just have to keep trying I guess.

i'll post some pictures of the new place once we get everything put away and get it all decorated :) California looks like a beautiful place. Hopefully we'll be able to get out and enjoy it soon. Mick will be deploying in november... 7 months in afghanistan... and will have lots of training to do in the meantime, so hopefully we'll be able to squeeze lots of fun into this summer/early fall before he leaves!

No comments: