My friend, Stacy recently started one of these to keep her friends and family updated on how everyone is doing during her husband's upcoming deployment. Since I'm so far away from family and I have friends on all 4 corners of the US, I figured it would be a good way for me to keep everyone updated too! I use to keep a blog (and Jenny loved it haha) but I kinda got bored with it. Maybe I'll do better this time
Well.. WOW! Hasnt my life changed drastically in the last year?? Since last April, I've gotten engaged, got married, picked up and moved to Virginia (and so begins the life of a Marine's Wife), we moved from our tiny first apartment, to a nice big house, we got 2 puppies, and I got a new job (which I HATE!) I never thought I'd find my Mr. Right, but I certainly did. Mick is more than I could have asked for. He puts up with all my crap and I dont know how he does it, but I'm so thankful that he does! Minus the job and the state we live in, I love everything about my life right now. I love where it's going. I love where I've been. Everything in my past has molded me into who I am today.. and I'm pretty happy with who I am.. for the most part.
I miss Ohio like crazy. I always thought I wanted to leave the valley, but now that i'm gone, I've just realized that nowhere else will ever feel like home. i'm sure i'll adjust to living wherever the Marine Corps takes us, but it'll never feel like home. Not even close. I love meeting new people and making new friends along the way (I love the ones I've met so far!), but my new friends will never replace the old ones (so stop thinking that im forgetting about you, Mandy! haha) and I love my Marine Corps family, but they will never replace my real family back home. I'm a Buckeye, born and raised and nothing will ever change that!
Onto other news... I realize I was always the one who said "I'm NEVER HAVING BABIES!! NO BABIES FOR ME!", but things change haha! It's amazing how quickly you change your mind, given the right situations. Some friends of ours (The Cochrans) told us "I give you guys 6 months after the wedding before you either ARE pregnant, or you start trying" and we just shook our heads and said "no way.. we're waiting 5 years" Well.. after 2 months of marriage, that went down to "well maybe in 2 years"... and after about 4 months it went to "well.. maybe this fall" and now it's "as soon as we get some bills paid off" haha! Maybe it was everyone in my family thinking I was pregnant already, maybe it's because a lot of my friends are having babies, or maybe it's just because once you get married and get settled, you just really start to feel like something is missing! Either way, I am NOT pregnant yet, and we have NOT officially started trying as of yet, but probably in the next couple of months we will.. and all I know is.. I'm excited!!! We were really set on waiting until fall, but once you decide you want to have one, you kind of become obsessed with it and you want to start trying right away! We already have names picked out haha! (we're dorks i know, but that's what we do on friday nights... think of baby names..we are SO EXCITING! haha) We like Arianna Michelle for a girl, and Mick likes Alexander James for a boy (because it sounds powerful, he says haha I told him yea, it sounds powerful til you add the "Negron" on the end.. then it just sounds spickish HAHA!! I always pick on him about his last name.. problem is.. now that I have his last name, i'm making fun of myself too) We know that within the next year or so is the best time to have one, because Mick will be here safe and sound, he wont be deployed, he can be there for the birth and he can be there to help me in the beginning, so I'm not all alone and terrified! haha!
So anyways.. that's all the updates for now. Hopefully i'll keep this going and keep everyone updated, but who knows!
- Tracy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment