so today at work, my boss was checking one of my patients and worked on him a little more, because he was a hard case. Well unless every patient is bleeding profusely, they arent clean enough. I started suctioning all the blood out of the patients mouth as he was finishing COMPLETELY ripping up their gums. I suctioned the blood. How hard can that be right? WRONG! for him NOTHING is good enough. I suctioned as best I could and when he was finished, i rinsed the patients mouth out and suctioned some more and went to get him these nice, new (completely pointless wastes of money) scented warm towels to wipe his blood covered face with... well as i was walking back in the room, my boss grabbed my arm real hard and pulled me close and and said very nastily "YOU need to learn how to suction BETTER" Ok one: never lay your hand on me again or i'll slap a law suit on you so fast you wont know what hit you. and two: shut the heck up. seriously. I did fine and you're a friggin psycho.
and this was after i was already ticked because the day before, I had a patient who said she wasnt interested in doing an oral cancer screening, because she was low on cash and her insurance didnt cover it and the boss's wife said "OH so CANCER is better than $68???" my mouth just dropped when she said that and i apologized to the patient once I got her in my room, but i couldnt believe it. AND... we have a training at work coming up to learn new computer software and I found out it's on a Thursday and Friday. Well, I originally thought it was on friday and saturday.. and i was bummed out cuz saturday was our good friend's baby's 1st birthday party. So when i realized i'd be free to go to the party, I told the boss's wife "oh yay! i didnt realize it was thursday and friday. our friends are having a party for their little boy who's turning one and I didnt think i was going to be able to go" well she thought I meant that I wasnt going to go to the training, because i'd be at this party... but of course what i meant was that i wasnt going to be able to go to the party because of the training.. so she very nastily says back to me "you better come up with a better excuse than that.. psshht.. some kids 1st birthday" and rolled her eyes and walked away from me. ok one. jerk. that's not what i meant, so get your facts straight before you run your mouth. and two. who the heck do you think you are to treat me this way??? And ANOTHER THING! Every morning, we have these "morning huddles" where we are supposed to get together to talk about all the patients we have that day... who is getting what done and who is a harder case and blah blah. Well instead of that.. it's just 15 minutes of them bashing and putting down every patient on our list. They make comments about homosexuals and people who smoke and drink and how basically no one is as good as they are. This person smells bad and that person is weird cuz he likes comic books. This person has been screwed up since her daughter got killed and that person just has so many problems she's gonna die at any minute. I dont understand how someone who preaches to everyone about right and wrong and God and church can be SO FREAKING RUDE!
oh and the real kicker was when i asked him if i was doing better because i felt like he hated me and he said "well 90% of it is the patients.. and they all love you, so you got that. The other 10% is you have to make me like you" WELL THEN I GUESS IM SCREWED cuz i'm certainly not gonna bow down and kiss your butt when i'm being treated like crap. I need to find a new job ASAP. And a lot of people say "you shouldnt complain about your job.. you should be glad you have one" but im sorry.. no one deserves to be treated like that and I'm not the only one at work who feels that way. There's another girl who wakes up in the middle of the night and cries to her husband because she doesnt want to go to work and be belittled all day long.
sorry for the rant, but I'm just stressed out really bad and needed to let it all out. haha if you made it this far, thanks for reading!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Aww Trace! You should not put up with that crap. It is completely unproffesional and downright RUDE! I can't believe how bad it is there hun. I know you and Mick want to have a baby so you feel like you need to keep your job to save money/pay off bills but seriously hun, this is horrible. I hope you can find a new job soon and i really hope things go well. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment