So my parents got here thursday night and Mick's parents got here last night! Our house is pretty full right now, but it's nice to have family here. and if anyone knows my family, you know they DONT TRAVEL! hah so the fact that my parents are here right now is amazing.. I Dont think they've left the tri-state area in probably 20 yrs or more. just OH, WV and PA. haha!!! Yesterday we took my parents to base and showed them around where Mick works and showed them the exchange and all that. They didnt say too much, but I never really get much of a response from them haha I think they had a good time though. Today we are going to DC to see the cherry blossoms. Mick's parents arent coming, because since they got in so late last night, they're exhausted. I feel like it's partly my fault cuz they had to sleep on the sofa bed and didnt sleep well. :-( (sorry mommy #2!)
I'm VERY excited about the fact that I got a Nikon D-80 Camera yesterday!! Which is like.. a really nice camera! haha It's a slight step down from a professional camera... cuz I have a lot of learning to do. What I"m hoping will come of this is that I can get into photography and make some money doin that, because with the bad experiences that I"ve had doin dental hygiene, I just DONT see myself doin that for the rest of my life! We bought the camera at Ritz, and for that reason, I get 18 free classes there, that teach me how to use it! I'm very happy about that, because I really dont know a lot about photography except for that I love taking pictures and I always have a camera with me! haha I figured I can just start off with some friends... takin couple/family pictures for free until I get the hang of how it all works, and then once I get good, then I can start charging people I dont know haha! So if you're my friend, and you'd like some pictures, i'd like to take some, I just cant guarantee they'll be very good yet! haha! Who wants to be my guinea pig?! I'm excited to take some pics at Dylan Cochrans 1st bday next weekend! I'm gonna take my camera to DC today. So yea. i'm gonna be that touristy nerd who has a strap around her neck and a big goofy camera! haha! I want to get really good, so that when we get our next duty station in a few years, which Im sure MIck will get deployed, I'll have a hobby that i love to keep me busy while he's gone. I want to be able to take deployment and homecoming pictures, because those are my favorites. The feeling and emotion you can capture in those shots its amazing. I havent experienced a deployment, so I dont even know exactly what it feels like, but I still cry when I look at someone else's pictures!
ok enough babbling. i might write later tonight or tomorrow and add some pics... we'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment