Wednesday, August 19, 2009

lots of pictures and big boy update!

Last week, my mom, brother, sis-in-law, and nephews came to town to visit me!! I was so happy to see them. I've been a little homesick lately. I was supposed to go to Mason's appt with the GI specialist last tuesday, but as a lot of you already know, I cancelled it. I sat on the phone for 3 hours calling his pediatrician, the GI specialist he saw at the hospital in Richmond and the GI specialist I was taking him to in Fairfax and not ONE single person was helpful. Either no one answered at all, or they didnt let me know if anything was faxed or able to be faxed or anything. I needed all of his records for that appointment. After 3 hours of not getting ahold of anyone helpful, I said screw it. I needed to cancel 24 hrs in advance and there's NO point in me going at all if I dont have his records, so I cancelled. His pediatrician didnt think he really needed to go anyway, since he's doing so much better now and I didnt feel he needed to go either. I was basically only going for peace of mind in the first place. I know, though, that as soon as he's got the slightest belly ache, I'm going to worry and think "should have gone to that appointment!" oh well, if he starts acting up again, i'll just make another appt.

back to my family being in town.. it was so nice having them here. We really didnt get to do a whole lot, which I felt bad for, but between the weather and us being broke, we just couldnt do much. We still had a good time though and I was glad I got to see them. My nephews are getting so big. I swear every time I see them it seems like they've grown another foot! I hate being far away from them.... and the rest of my family. :(

anyway.. here are a few pics from their visit
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On saturday, we drove mom halfway back to Ohio to meet dad. We stopped at a scenic rest area called sidling hill in Maryland. Perfect opportunity for a photo op :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Random Mason pictures :) Cant get enough of that lil guy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

BIG BOY ALERT!!!!!! Guess who is starting to sit up by himself?! My big boy, Mason!! He can sit and play with his toys, but he still hasnt learned to stop himself from goin backwards, so usually if I sit him up, I put his boppy behind him, so if he falls, it's cushioned and he wont hit his head on the floor. He's still got a ways to go before he has it mastered, but he's improved so much just overnight! He can sit for a few minutes before finally falling forward onto his belly or toppling on his side. I think in a few weeks, we'll officially have a sitter! Here are pics. I'm so proud of him! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: