For years I've gotten frustrated because when I try to run, I get out of breathe so easily and I always just joked and said "well it's cuz my dad is a smoker" or "I guess I'm REALLY out of shape" Even when I was in the best shape of my life in high school doing gymnastics and cheering practically 7 days a week and was 107 lbs of solid muscle, I still couldnt run and always got out of breathe easily. Now I realize that maybe it was just because I wasnt able to get enough air through my nose (they always tell you to breathe through your nose and out your mouth) I've always had trouble with stuffiness, but before it was more of an annoyance than a hinderance (sp?) Since I've had Mason though, it's gone from liveable to miserable. I get out of breathe walking up the steps and I couldnt tell you the last time I got more than 5 hrs of sleep. I'm exhausted, cranky, miserable and at the end of my rope, so yes, if surgery would help... BRING IT ON!
onto more important stuff. Mason will be 6 months old on Monday. I cant believe my little man is already half a year old!!! He's learning so much, so fast. He's really getting strong and is lifting his entire belly off the ground now, but still cant quite get his knees up underneath him. He tries so hard though. He is starting to get himself around... he just either rolls to the toy he wants or he pulls himself with his arms by pushing off with his toes. haha it's really cute! Sometimes he'll get his toes under himself and stick his lil butt up in the air and then bring his butt down and lift his chest up haha He just cant figure out how to do the 2 things together, but we're working on it. I wont be suprised if he starts crawling within the next month. His legs are very strong. I stood him up at the coffee table and placed his hands against it and let go... that lil guy just stood there by himself grinning from ear to ear! Of course my hands were right there because I knew if his knees buckeled he'd bust his face on the table. (still need to get those safety edge thingys for the table)
He had his first solid food two days ago (other than cereal) He had SQUASH! Actually that's not the first food. About 2 weeks ago, I tried sweet potatoes, and later that night he spit up twice, and he doesnt spit up often, so I freaked and assumed it was the sweet potatoes and didnt give him anymore. It probably wasnt the potatoes. I probably just put him down to play too soon or something and the acid reflux made him spit up, but i still panicked haha. Let's just say squash is the first SUCCESSFUL solid he's had! haha Today will be day 3 of Squash and so far, so good. They say to use the "4 day rule" but since Mason is more prone to allergies cuz of the milk protein allergy, I'll probably give it a couple extra days to be sure. He seems to really like it! I'm gonna try sweet potatoes again next and see how he does.
ok.. enough babbling... onto some pictures.
These were on the way home from Ohio over labor day weekend. We stopped to feed him, but he just wanted to drive :)


Playin with Apollo

Playin with his new brainy baby toys

Who the heck are you??


My friend Tanya took these at a birthday party




mommy's little buckeye


LOVE this outfit

that's one happy kid



Daddy's lil man

First time in his new swing! He loves it!
not too sure at first

this is fun!

Wahoo!


another day in the swing


He's also a steelers fan!


first squash!

His new teether. haha he chews the head on the turtle

some pics i took outside the other day.





No comments:
Post a Comment