Thursday, September 23, 2010

Big News in the Negron household!!

Most of you already know this, but in case you missed it...



Photobucket

Yep... that's right! Mason is going to be a BIG BROTHER! We found out on Saturday that baby #2 is on the way and should be making his/her debut into the world around the end of next May. I took a pregnancy test (one of those plus or minus signs tests) and hubby and I both noticed that there was a faint up and down line making that plus sign. Mick wasnt convinced and had me chug some water and milk, so I could take another test... one of the tests that read "pregnanat" or "not pregnant" well it said "NOT PREGNANT"... so then we were stumped haha. I got online and read that if your urine is diluted from lots of fluids, especially early on when you Hcg levels arent very high yet anyway, that you could get a false negative and my friend Jen was pretty convinced that I was, in fact pregnant. What did we do? Went to the store to buy more tests! haha we waited until i naturally "had to go", rather than chugging water this time and sure enough it said "pregnant" plain as day. A few days later, we went to the doctors to confirm the pregnancy and get set up with OB, but guess what... their test came back negative!!!! WTH!? Mick looked like he was going to cry and I started asking the nurse how i got two positives at home, if i'm not pregnant? She said "oh did you use one of those EPT tests? yea, those are really advanaced, our tests are just regular cheapo tests, not that early detection stuff and we dont do blood tests until you've had two negative urine tests." you're kidding me right? I can buy more advanced stuff over the counter than I can get at the doctors office??? Why do I waste my time going to you people???? So they told us to come back in a week to take another test when my levels are higher and that i'm more than likely pregnant, but their tests just cant pick it up yet. On the way home, Mick was terrified, so when I got home, I took yet another test and guess what - PREGNANT! so even if my husband isnt convinced, 3 tests confirming what I already knew is good enough for me. and if that's not enough, the sheer exhaustion, sore boobs, moodiness, and having to get up to pee 3-4 times a night when i normally never do is proof enough for me! I'm praying I dont get smacked with morning sickness. I was lucky last time, so hopefully I can get through two pregnancies without vomiting haha




babies

Baby will be due around the same time Mick gets back from deployment. Homecoming may very well be in the hospital haha We'll see!

No comments: