Monday, January 31, 2011

Attention: We have a big boy!



Photobucket

yep, that's right! Today, Mason peed on the potty for the first time. What's great about it, was that I didn't force him. It was all him and I just helped him get on it in time =) I've had potty's sitting around just about every room in the house for awhile now. We've been talking a lot about what they are for and he knows exactly what you're supposed to do on the potty. He's been telling me AFTER he goes, but has never told me before hand.

For the past 2 weeks, he's had a nasty diaper rash, that despite every cream available, I could not get rid of. Today, I decided to just let him run around nakey all morning hoping that airing it out will finally do the trick. He peed on the floor once, but I noticed that the puddle was right beside his potty, so I sat him down and said "Mommy should have been paying more attention. I think you tried to use the potty, but you missed. Next time you have to pee-pee, be sure to tell mommy so I can help you go on the potty like a big boy" Not more than 10 minutes later, he came running in the room yelling "momma! pee-pee!" A little started to dribble out while he did his little pee dance LOL so I sat him on the potty and away he went! Filled it up! So proud of him! I know he is far from "potty-trained" but the fact that he was able to tell me before hand and go on the potty is a HUGE step in the right direction! ! We got rid of the binky two weeks ago and now starting potty training! where has the time gone?! SO PROUD OF MY BIG BOY! =)

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

That's so exciting Tracy! I'm so very happy for your little sweet man :) He seriously melts my heart.