Time is such a funny thing. It can seem to last forever and it can seem to speed by. A minute can seem like an eternity in some situations and a nano second in others. In hindsight, a situation can seem like it went really fast, but during the process, can seem to take forever.
Time is driving me crazy during this deployment!
I feel like I haven't seen my husband forever, but yet, it seems like just yesterday that I kissed him goodbye. Looking back, it feels like 4 months has flown by, but the day to day seems never-ending.
I've noticed the months seem to follow a pattern for me. The first half of the month seems to go by quickly. I'm happy to be another month closer to the end and usually start the month off in a positive mood. I blink, and we're already to the middle of the month and I think to myself, "Wow! This month is FLYING by!" However, as soon as I hit the middle and get in my head that it's going "fast", it's almost as if time stops. That second half of each month seems to drag on forever.
February, especially, has been like this. I feel like February got here and when I woke up the next day it was already Valentine's Day! Feb. 14th already!! I was SO surprised how fast it got here. Now, however, it feels like Valentine's day was an eternity ago and it was just last Monday... ONE week ago. UGH! Shouldn't it be like mid-March by now?? That's how it feels at least.
Reguardless of how long it takes (or how fast it goes) time passes and it's time that we can't ever get back, so I'm trying to make the most of it while Mick is away. I don't want to just wish 7 months of my life away, because life is way too short for that, so I'm trying to have fun. I know I've said it before, but for this reason, I'm so thankful for the friends I have here. Without them, I would easily be going absolutely insane!!!!!!! haha They have kept me going and kept me busy and kept a smile on my face! I'm so blessed to have such a great support system =)
Every second, no matter how painfully long it may seem at times, is a little closer to the day my husband will be back home with us - that thought alone is enough to get me through the hard times! I'm so proud of my husband and so proud to be his wife!
"It's a tough life, but it's a beautiful life"


2 comments:
You are so right on that 2nd half thing. That happens to me too!!!
That is a perfect description of how the times goes! It feels like SO long when you think of it day-by-day, but as a whole it flies by.
Post a Comment