
Yes, that's right! We are 4 months down in this stinkin' deployment! (as of yesterday) I am getting so excited, although I'm trying not to let myself, because we still have a good bit left, so it will DRAG if I get excited already. However, today I got an email with the date for our return/reunion workshop and that just put me over the edge! haha I feel like a kid in a candy store right now, even though the brief is still over a month away and actual homecoming is just under 3 months away. I'm SO READY to have my husband back home. I've been making a list of about a million things I want to do... mostly places we want to take Mason together. There are so many places that I've been invited to go with friends, but I don't go, because I want Mick to be there for Mason's first trip to Sea World, Disneyland, etc. I want Mick to be able to see the excitement on his face. He's big enough now that he gets so excited about things and Mick has already missed so much, so I don't want him to miss those moments! We have SOOOO many fun things we want to do and I just can't wait to be able to do those things TOGETHER. ALL 3 OF US! AHH!! =)
^^ See this is what I mean. I'm getting allll excited just thinking about it and we still have months to go. blahhhh haha
With all that aside, I have to say that, as happy as I am to be getting closer to homecoming, a lot of my friends are getting ready to say their goodbyes in the next couple weeks and my heart hurts for them. I remember all too well the emotional roller coaster of D-day coming up and there's really nothing that can be done or said to ease the pain, frustration, fear, and uneasiness leading to that moment when you kiss your husband goodbye and send him off to war. I just want all my girls to know that I love them, I'm here for them and I'm praying for them and their husband's safe return! We will all get through this, together! You're all in my thoughts daily and I hope you're able to make the most of this last bit of time together! If you need to vent, VENT! If you need to cry, CRY! Screw what anyone says about "you knew what you were getting into", because that certainly doesn't make it any easier. and no matter what size panties you are wearing, you will still have bad days and that's OK, so please ignore the "put your big girl panties on" comments as well.
(Those are easily two of THE most obnoxious comments I've heard in the military world and they can be hurtful, so don't use them. end of story.. It's not doing anyone ANY good to be mean and kick someone when they're down, so either be there and give words of encouragement to each other, or remember the old motto: "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!!")
"Missing someone gets easier everyday, because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will"
"Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss."


1 comment:
Blogger needs a like button :) Love you lady, you're kicking butt!!
Post a Comment