Sunday, March 13, 2011

post deployment plans!



So, thankfully, since the extension rumor was just that, a RUMOR, (WHEW!) Mick's command gave him the go-ahead for me to book our plane tickets to go to Ohio for one of my best friend's weddings on Mick's post deployment leave in June! I'm so excited and it's going to be a busy week while we are home: A wedding, visiting friends and family, hopefully taking Mason to Idlewild Park and to Storybook Forest with his cousins :) We're really looking forward to it.

Another thing we are REALLY looking forward to is our trip up the California coast when he gets back. It's an idea we've tossed around for the past 5 months, but I was worried about money and how Mason would do in the car and hotels. I talked to my mom, however, and discussed my worries with her and she said "you have to reward yourself once in awhile" and she's absolutely right. Mick is in Afghanistan for 7 months working his butt off and missing his family and I've been trying so hard to save money and I've done pretty well and we've got a few bills paid off (or will be paid off by the time he's home) Mick has said countless times that he wants to go to San Francisco and Yosemite, so we're going to do it... with a stop at Big Sur on the way! I am SO excited! There are so many fun things to do and beautiful places to see in these areas that I don't know how we're going to pack it all into just a few days, but we're going to do our best!

Here are a few pictures of few things we hope to see on our adventure =)

Big Sur:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

San Francisco:
Photobucket
Fisherman's Wharf

Photobucket
chinatown

Photobucket
lombard street

Photobucket
cable cars. I WILL ride a cable car haha

Photobucket
I was told by a friend that I have to go here for the best pizza ever. Cafe Baonecci

Yosemite National Park:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: