Friday, March 18, 2011

Birthday fun =)



I just turned *gulp* 28 years old yesterday. ugh... that's 2 years from 30... I NEVER want to turn 30. It just sounds so old. Unfortunately, unless I find that fountain of youth, it's coming faster than I'd ever want it to. Aside from the fact that I was turning another year older, I'm also thousands of miles away from my family and friends from home and my husband is deployed... sounds like a recipe for a pretty crappy birthday, right?

WRONG!!!

Thankfully, I've got a great support system of some really sweet and amazing ladies out here and honestly, I don't think I could have asked for a better birthday!!

Tuesday night, I went to my friend Heidi's house for the usual Tuesday night get together with a great group of girls. This week's theme was "Tater Tuesday" for St Patrick's Day. I went over, not expecting anything, since my birthday wasn't until the following day anyway, although Heidi had mentioned possibly making a potato cake for the birthday girls (another friend had a birthday the same week) When I got there, however, they had a birthday crown for me, some sweet cards and gifts and a yummy cupcake with a candle on it! I felt so lucky to have friends who thought enough of me to go out of there way and do something sweet like that. It really made my day and cheered me up!

Photobucket
Gator coasters for Mick and I from my sweet friend Katie and her Gator husband!

Photobucket
Mason helping me blow out the candle.. practicing for his birthday

Photobucket
Chasing my birthday tequila shot with Heidi

Photobucket
The whole gang =)

Photobucket
my gifts and cards from Tuesday night! so sweet!

Wednesday was my actual birthday. I got a phone call from my husband that morning and it was the first time I'd heard his voice in over two weeks, so it totally made my day! Aside from that, I had no plans, other than to go to my friend Jen's, because she told me she wasn't going to let me be alone on my birthday and that she'd make me dinner. After Mason woke up from his nap, we hopped in the car headed to her house.

When we got there, I walked up to the door expecting to just see Jen and her two kids, but instead, I was greeted with a huge, booming "SURPRISE!!" I was SPEECHLESS! Everyone was there!

One friend, Christina, who I need to give special recognition to, came with her brother and her husband, even though it was their last day together and they were going to have to get up at 2 a.m. for his deployment day. I cannot even tell you how incredibly crazy that is haha but also how incredibly sweet! I wouldn't have ever expected ANYONE to give up their last night together for me, and no one even asked them to (Jen told them about the party, but didn't expect them to come and everyone would have totally understood if they hadn't!), but they did it because they wanted to (and brought me cake!), and THAT is probably one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.

The whole surprise party was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me! Especially because I honestly had NO idea, so it was a total success haha I don't know what I did to deserve these people in my life, but I am so grateful for each and every one of them!
Photobucket
SURPRISE!!

Photobucket
"if I would have known there was a party, I would have dressed cuter" LOL

Photobucket
Laura, Me and Christina - the deployment vets I look up to and respect. Laura is going through her 6th (and it's 13 months. puke, but thankfully it's almost over!) and Christina started #4 later this night. These are some STRONG ladies. Love them.

Photobucket
the whole gang! The party planner is on the far left.. sneaky thing she is ;) Don't know what I'd do without her!

Photobucket
one silly one =)

Photobucket
my goodies from the surprise party. That's my favorite flowers, my favorite almond champagne, a really good-smelling candle, and the cake is a red velvet ice cream cake with cake batter ice cream from coldstone. can you say YUM?!

Thank you SO SO much to everyone at Heidi's on Tuesday and everyone at my surprise party for helping to make that one of the most memorable birthdays I've ever had. You all have no idea how much it meant to me!

and before I go.. one more thing needs to be mentioned:

Photobucket
WAHOO!!!!! We're getting closer!

4 comments:

Kelly Smith said...

awww glad you had people there! Happy Bday!

Jackelyn said...

I LOVE that you have such a great support system and wonderful friends out there Tracy! That is how I felt about the ladies in Quantico.

Looks like you had a wonderful Birthday!!

Christina Canterbury said...

I'm so glad you had a good Birthday. Birthday's without hubbies are hard so its good you got to feel so special anyway :)

Verena said...

Wow...you have such wonderful friends. What a great idea to throw a birthday party .....