I had an appointment last week at 11 weeks and so far everything is going smoothly with baby. The heartbeat sounded great! I had to go to the lab after the appointment to get all the normal 1st trimester blood work done. I haven't gotten any calls, so I'm hoping "no news is good news"! It's Monday night right now and as of Tuesday, I'll be 12 weeks. One more week until I can kiss the first trimester goodbye!
I will be happy to see it go, but unfortunately, I don't think I will breathe that huge sigh of relief until the baby is actually in my arms and healthy. I don't remember ever being so paranoid when I was pregnant with Mason. I knew miscarriages could happen to anyone, but I don't remember ever really stressing about it. The thought was always in the back of my mind, but I was never the freaked-out, paranoid maniac I am these days. Something as simple as waking up and feeling "too good" one morning is enough to make me want to call the doctor and beg him for an ultrasound, because I'm convinced something is wrong. (I have yet to actually call the doctor by the way, but I've wanted to quite a few times. Instead, my poor husband has to listen to all my paranoia and convince me over and over that "i'm sure everything is fine, just calm down")
Anyway though, I am starting to finally "feel" pregnant. and I don't mean the nauseous/exhausted/gotta-pee-every-five-seconds type of "feeling" pregnant. I mean my belly is getting more round and firm and just feels different and it's starting to get uncomfortable to lay on my stomach. I'm starting to pop out, but am stuck in that weird phase where all my regular clothing is tight and uncomfortable, but maternity clothing is still too big. The bump isn't enough to make me look like I'm having a baby.. it's only enough to make me look like I'm "rockin' the beer gut" (I type that as I'm busting out in tune of that country song titled "Rockin the Beer Gut" LOL such a classy song..)
On another note; "sticky bellies" were on one of those discount websites on facebook and I ordered them. I thought they would be cute to use to document the growing bump. The first sticker was for 12 weeks, so just for fun today, I took a few pics of the 12 week bump. All I had was a tripod and a little remote that wasn't cooperating, so the pictures aren't that great, but you can see what you need to see :)
p.s. - please ignore my clothing choices and the fact that I look like a bum. I had just got Mason down for a nap, and threw on my "comfy clothes" before I got the bright idea to take pictures haha



thanks for stopping by :)


No comments:
Post a Comment