I had a few minutes, so I decided to hop back on and take a quick look back at 2011.. the good and the bad
THE GOOD
- My husband came home safely from his deployment to Afghanistan
- We found out we are expecting our 2nd child and that it's a little GIRL :)
- I broke Mason of the pacifier before his 2nd birthday, which was my goal.
- We got our big boy fully potty trained (aside from pull-ups at night)
- Mason transitioned super easily from his crib to his big-boy bed.
- countless beach visits and Disneyland and Zoo trips. The happiness it brings to Mason's face is priceless and Mick and I will treasure those moments forever.
- We were able to visit both Ohio and Florida to see family and friends we don't get to see nearly enough!
- We took Mason snow tubing at Big Bear. His first time really playing in the snow! He'd seen snow before but never really got to play in it! He LOVED it! (I'll post some pics at the end)
- Lots of memories made with wonderful friends who have become like my family away from home.
- Quite a few friends got engaged/married/or had babies! Congrats to all!
THE BAD
- I'll start with the small stuff.. I got in a car accident. Very minor... Mason and I both had bruises from our seat belts, but were fine otherwise. but it cost us a nice hunk of money, so it deserves to be on the bad list
-Our dogs are getting old and their health is starting to fade. I feel like we are constantly at the vet. Apollo will have surgery on Tuesday to remove a foxtail from his foot.. there goes another $450 that we don't have. ugh.
now the more serious stuff...
- My brother was in the hospital for a heart condition. It was supposed to be a fairly simple surgery, but some things happened and it got a little scary for awhile. I, of course, was 2,000+ miles away and could do nothing about it except for wait for updates. Thankfully he's doing great now and hopefully it will stay that way!
- My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and had her first chemo treatment just before Christmas. :( My husband was away when I found out, so once again, I was alone and waiting for updates from across the country. Thankfully, they caught it fairly early, so she should be fine after these awful chemo treatments and radiation are finished, which won't be until late next spring or early summer, but I hate that I can't be there for her right now :( I hate that she has to go through this. Love my momma <3
- Mick's cousin had a baby girl and baby Annabella has been in the hospital for a few weeks now with serious complications, so hopefully 2012 brings health and healing to her, so she can finally go home and join the rest of her family.
- My SIL is dealing with a lot right now, which I won't go into details about, since it's not my place, but I pray 2012 brings good things for her as well. She didn't deserve this.
- As much as we LOVE California and our friends here, we're both ready to get back to the east coast, so we can be closer to family and be there for them during hard times. Hopefully the Marine Corps will send us back east when our time here is up, but it won't be for at least another year regardless.
2011 was full of ups and downs for us. Overall, I can't say it was a bad year, because a lot of good and memorable things happened, but I sure hope 2012 is better for our families as far as health and finances are concerned. I pray my mom kicks this cancer's butt and never has to take a single look back when she finishes that last radiation treatment. I pray my brother's heart will stay in normal rythm. I pray baby Annabella will get stronger and start to breathe on her own, so she can finally go home with her family. I pray for happiness for my SIL and I pray that in March, my labor goes smoothly and that Emmalyn is a healthy baby girl! I also pray that somehow we come across some money so that we can go to Ohio after Emma's birth, so my momma can meet her. She is heartbroken that she won't be finished with her treatments in time to come out for the birth, but we're going to try to skype during labor and hopefully by some miracle, we'll find a way to make it home shortly after her birth so mom can meet her while she's still itty bitty!
Ok... I don't know about anyone else, but after all the bad stuff, I could use a pick me up, so here are some pictures of my adorable lil man having the time of his life in the snow! :)









(all 4 of us.. since I couldn't close my coat.. Emma was popping out! hehe)

(so sad the fun was over and we were leaving)
Once again.. have a safe and happy NYE and hope 2012 brings health and happiness for everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment