My mom and aunt will arrive Tuesday and will spend a couple days getting Emmalyn warmed up to them, then Thursday they are taking the kids on a plane back to Ohio, so Mick and I can make the cross country drive by ourselves (with our original kids.. the dogs lol) I'm thankful for this chance to spend some QT with the husband, but I'm VERY nervous about being away from my babies that long. I've never been away from them more than a night... never away from Emma even for that long! I know they'll be taken care of and be just fine, although granny might need a glass of wine by the time we get there ;) I'm a basket case lately with everything going on. It's so bittersweet. I am completely thrilled that we will be closer to family and can spend much more time together, but I am just SO not ready to leave California and my friends (and weather) here! However, I'm excited to get there and finally see our new house in person.
Oh yea, WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! Our very first home that is OURS! We've always rented until now, since we move so much in the military. However, aside from tiny 1100 sq ft apts, there were just no rental options in Ohio, so it didn't leave us much choice. We bought a house that we've only seen pictures of. My parents drove up and saw it for us and took some extra pictures and told us how nice it was and we went with it! It's gorgeous and I'm excited to get in it and paint and get a fence put up to keep the dogs and littles contained! It's got a pool, gazebo and shed in the back. It's got a fully finished basement and a 3 car garage. It's in a nice neighborhood near some of the best schools in the area! It's amazing and we are blessed :)
our house. it's a very, very, very fine house
Aside from buying a house and nursing sick kidlets back to health, we've also done quite a bit of celebrating! My wonderful husband and best friend planned me a 30th suprise birthday party!
all the ladies and littles :)
Then our little princess turned the big ONE!!!!

oh and she's walking now! ;)
Then we celebrated the kids' birthdays together in one big candyland party with friends! :)
My friend Jen made them an AMAZING candyland birthday cake
and THEN My husband got promoted to CAPTAIN and celebrated his 33rd birthday! So proud of him and he's worked SO hard for this!
thank you Christina Canterbury for taking these pictures!
Like I said: we've had a LOT going on! =) Sicknesses and celebrations haha As sad as I am that our time in California is almost up, I'm looking forward to a new chapter and experiences back in my home state. I'm looking forward to taking the kids places I use to go as a child and sharing experiences with them. I'm looking forward to making memories with my family and watching my nephews and neices grow for the next few years. Mick's sister and her family got stationed in Maryland, so we're all back to the east coast and will be able to visit more. I am going to miss my friends here that have become family like crazy, but thank goodness for facebook, skype, facetime, etc, so we'll still be able to stay in touch and hopefully we'll be able to plan a once-a-year visit with them (at the very least)
(also, looking forward to 3 years deployment-free! field/training-free, etc! I might actually have him around long enough to get sick of him once in awhile ;) hehe)
Hopefully, I'll be able to update a bit during our cross country trip since it'll just be Mick and I. If you have a moment, please spare a few prayers for safe travels as my mom, aunt and kids fly to Ohio and then for Mick and I when we drive!
Here's to new beginnings! =)







.jpg)

.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment