Our little boy is finally here and he is as perfect as can be! I cant believe how fast it all happened. I started having contractions on Thursday at 4:30 when Mick got home from work. They werent very painful, but they were pretty regular at 3-5 minutes apart, so we went to the hospital to get checked. They had me hooked up to monitors for a few hours, and I was definitely contracting, but I was still only dilated 1 cm and hadnt thinned out anymore, so they sent me back home. As soon as I got home, they got more and more painful and I didnt get a bit of of sleep that night. They spaced out overnight and by morning, they werent as regular, but were definitely hurting. We went to the mall and walked around for over an hour and they were getting to the point where they would stop me in my tracks and I'd be hunched over in the mall, but they still werent very regular. I decided to go to my OB to see if I was dilating anymore, rather than wasting time going to the hospital for hours only for them to send me back home. My OB got me in Friday afternoon and told me i had progressed to 2 cm and went from 50 to 80% effaced. She decided to strip my membranes again (even though she just had done it 2 days prior) to get things moving along. As soon as I got home, the contractions got pretty bad and finally started getting regular again. We decided to head back to the hospital around 9 pm friday night. When I got there, they hooked me up again and I had had progressed to 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced, so obviously the stripping of membranes was working! They werent quite ready to admit me yet, so they had me get in a hydrotherapy jacuzzi type thing for half an hour and then made me walk around the halls for an hour. The amount of pain I was having with the contractions was getting unbearable. A few times I had to stop and basically grabbed the wall for support and was in tears. I kept telling Mick I couldnt do it anymore and they needed to give me my epidural, but I wasnt even officially admitted yet. I also said I wasnt having anymore kids after this hahaha! Once I finished walking, they checked me again and I was still only barely over 3 cm, but they went ahead and admitted me around 2 a.m. I laid around being miserable and gripping the bars on the bed through contractions until 4:30 when they finally came in to give me the epidural because I was finally dilated to 4 cm and 100% effaced. After the epidural - life. was. good. haha! I felt nothing. I tried to sleep, but was way too excited about everything! I must have been relaxed, because my contractions started to space out, so at 6:30 am, they started me on pitocin. At 7:30, they came in and broke my water. I laid around trying to sleep and I did get rest, but dont think I ever actually slept and around 11 am or so, they came in and told me that I was 10 cm and to let them know when I got the "urge to push" and we could get started. Well... I felt nothing haha. Finally around 12:30ish, I felt like I needed to do a #2, and they nurses told me that meant it was time haha! I started pushing a little after 12:30 and by 1:30pm on saturday, march 28th, little Mason Louis was here!! He was 19 inches long and 6 lbs 7 oz of pure cuteness! He is perfect and I couldnt be more proud. Looking down at the little bundle of joy is such a wonderful feeling! I asked Mick when he wanted to start trying for #2! haha Of course I was kidding. That'll be a couple years from now, because we want to make sure we spoil little Mason first :) Okay... enough with the story.. onto the pictures so I can get back to my new little man! There are lots of pictures, because the nurse grabbed my camera and just started snapping shots for me, but a lot of them are of my lil nakey baby and I dont wanna post his "goods" for the whole world to see, so i'm only posting clothed shots haha
After we found out I was 10 cm and ready to push! You can totally tell I had an epidural cuz anyone without one would NOT have been that happy by that point haha

right after I had him!



Mason checkin daddy out


The Negron Family <3

checkin mommy out

proud papa

Right after they took him to weigh him, the nurse asked me how happy I was that it was all over and Mason was here and this was the look I gave her.

my precious baby boy




5 comments:
OMG - Mason is absolutely adorable. I am so happy for you and Mick - CONGRATULATIONS!
Can't wait to see my grandson - hopefully at the end of April/beginning of May.
He definitely looks just like Tracy.
Love you guys.
Wow! You don't even look like you had a kid! I was such a mess after I gave birth. Congratulations!
Tracy, he is ADORABLE!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND MICK!!!!
Love the pictures!! When I saw the one of you after you had him with your thumb up, I busted out laughing. HA. I've always passed out right after having my boys - but then again, I've had C-sections and was probably more drugged up. LMAO. Epidurals: a mother's best friend!!!! HA.
He is adorable!!!
OMGOSH! SOOO ADORABLE! CONGRATS TO YOU AND MICK!
Post a Comment