Thursday, March 26, 2009

the waiting game... ugh

waiting on my little boy to arrive, that is. My whole pregnancy flew by me, but now this little booger is taking his sweet time to make his grand entrance into this crazy world! I wish he'd hurry up! He's completely worn out his welcome in my belly and if one more stretch mark shows up, I'm seriously gonna threaten legal action against him! I know I'm still 2 weeks from my due date, but the longer he stays in there, the bigger he's going to be, and I'm scared of pushing out a huge baby. haha It's safe for him to come out now, so he needs to do that! I had my 38 week appointment yesterday. Everything is still looking good and some progress was finally made. I'm 50% effaced and only 1 cm dilated, but she stripped my membranes in hopes that it would get things moving and speed up the process a bit. (not a comfortable procedure, but not as bad as everyone told me it was) She also said she could feel his head, which is good, because at least I know he is head down like he's supposed to be. I've been bleeding since then, which she told me is normal and I *think* I've been having some contractions, but not regular... UGH. I need to do some walking, but walking is soooo painful. I'm just going to have to suck it up and do it. I'm sure the pain I'm in while walking is cake compared to labor, but as soon as i get it over with, the sooner I can feel normal again! and hell.. maybe even tie my own shoes again! I just want him OUT!

Other than that, things are goin well. Mick is finally graduated from OCS and is officially a 2nd Lietenant. He had to start TBS on monday, so he didnt get much time off. He leaves at 4:30-5 in the morning and doesnt get home til 6-7 at night, but at least he gets to come home. They are letting him pick up with Delta Co, instead of Charlie. Charlie picks up next week, while Delta doesnt pick up until April 29th... that way he'll be able to take his Ptad and some leave when Mason is born. so YAY for that!!!!!!! He'll be put into Mike Company which is the holding company until he picks up with Delta and I guess everyone in Mike Co gets to take 21 days of leave!!!! So starting April 3rd, he'll be on leave until the 23rd! If Mason comes before then (WHICH HE BETTER) then Mick will take his PTad, check in on the 3rd and check back out for leave on the same day. Sounds confusing, I know, but what it basically means is that he'll be HOME for awhile and be able to help out and I'm sooo looking forward to it!

That's all the updates for now. I'll make a quick list of likes/dislikes since everyone else is doing it haha

likes:
any indication what so ever that labor is starting or getting close

dislikes:
being pregnant.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

1 comment:

Susy Q said...

I hope things start moving for you! And thats exciting about Mick being able to take that time off!!