I'm kind of sucking at posting pictures. I know my family checks this thing almost daily to see if I've posted any new pictures. Still trying to figure out how to juggle taking care of a newborn, 3 dogs, get house work done and still find time to eat haha. It's hectic even with Mick being home to help me, so when he goes back to work on thursday, I cant even imagine how crazy things are gonna get around here! I'm so thankful for the fact that he has had the first 3 1/2 wks of Mason's life off work so he could be home with us, but MAN did it go by fast!! If I would have had to go through this whole thing with finding out Mason had a milk protien allergy alone, I would have lost my mind. It wasnt so much finding out he had an allergy, it was the doctors here at mary washington hospital making it sound 10 times worse than it was. They said things like "we dont feel comfortable treating him here, because there are no pediatric surgeons here, so one of you needs to ride in the ambulance, we're transferring him to VCU in Richmond" Who said anything about surgery?!?!!and "well, he's lost enough blood that his blood count has dropped, but it's not enough that he needs a blood transfusion YET" Which TOTALLY freaked both of us out! Who said ANYTHING about blood transfusions!?!? When we finally got to Richmond they told us newborns blood count drops anyway and sometimes get down as low as 8 or 9 and it's totally normal and that Mason's was still a 12 so he was in great shape! so there was never a reason for us to worry! I understand they sent us to richmond, because they wanted all possible pediatric doctors available JUST IN CASE they found something more, but UGH.. way to give me a heart attack and probably my first gray hair! anyway... he seems to be feeling much better since we switched formula and hopefully we never have to go back there! Poor little guy! When they put the IV in his arm, he screamed so hard, it was the first time I saw real tears in his eyes and it broke my heart! I never thought I'd be the mom that cried when her baby got shots and things like that, but I bawled like a baby the whole night. I hated seeing my little guy in pain and I felt helpless cuz I didnt know what was wrong or what to do for him! Worst feeling EVER! Glad it's over. anyway.. onto some newer pics!
in his tiny hospital gown and that mean old IV in his arm :(


in his boppy



the shirt and the face totally dont go together haha


mean muggin

so tiny next to daddys fingers
2 comments:
Awww poor guy. When Bailey was born they put an IV in her arm. It was a mistake on their part and so emotionally tramatic for me. When you see a poor little baby with that, it's heartbreaking!! I hope everything works out with his allergy. Hang in there. You will amazed at what you can do! You're a mom now, you have super powers!!
That picture of him sittin there in his bobby is adorable! So funny like he's a little grown up sitting there knowing what's going on :p
Post a Comment