Thursday, July 8, 2010

I feel the earth move under my feet...

luckily I didnt feel anything tumbling down, tumbling down!! Yes, we had another earthquake in southern California! That's 2 in the 2 months that I've been here (well, there have been several, but we've only felt 2 here) Hopefully this isnt going to be a monthly occurence. They are kind of neat to feel, but I cant help but think "what if the next one is bigger?" It makes me a little uneasy. If I knew ahead of time they werent going to get any worse than the 5.4ish (i've heard anywhere from 5.4 to 5.9, so i'm not sure exactly what it was) that hit yesterday, I'd be okay, because that wasnt bad, although i did watch our neighbors house sway, which was creepy. It was almost like when you go into a fun house and they have the shaky floors haha it feels just like that! The problem is, we dont know ahead of time and a big one could happen at any time. Kinda scary.



I mean I'm not sitting around worrying about it on a daily basis or anything, but it's in the back of my mind. Sometimes we can hear and feel the artillery impacting from base and it sounds a lot like the rumble you hear just before the quake and the windows even shake a little. Every now and then I jump up and get ready to grab Mason before I realize it's just the artillery rounds. I think it's just because Mick is gone and I'm alone, so if a big one does happen to hit, I'm the sole person responsible for making sure nothing happens to Mason and the dogs. I always think.. what if one hits while we're asleep. I'll be laying in bed and the ground will be shaking and by the time I can get to Mason and get us both to a safe place, it'll already be too late. If anything bad is going to happen, it will have happened by then, I'm sure. It happens so fast.


Hopefully the issue never arises. Hopefully these little rumblers are as bad as it will get while we are here. I guess time will tell! Just in case though, I have a couple flashlights in our bedroom and I dont have anything hanging above our bed or Mason's crib. I dont want anything happening that handsome lil face of his! :)


onto other news... Mason is cutting 4, yes 4, teeth all at once. 3 molars and his last front incisor on the bottom. He needs one more molar and then his canines and then MAYBE we'll get a short break before his next set of molars come in! He also had his 15 month checkup today and got all the shots he should have gotten at his 12 month appt. So he's very fussy from that, because the guy was rough and his lil leg is bruised and sore in 3 places now. Wow.. earthquakes, teething, shots.... Mick gets to miss all the good stuff ;) lol

adios for now!

No comments: