I think Mason is not only getting use to the pool, but finally starting to like it! He loves playing in water.. he always has, and he loves going to the pool, but he wasnt a fan of being IN the water with us. He prefers to sit on the top step and just spash a little bit over mommy or daddy holding him to where the water is up to his chest. I've been taking him to the pool a few mornings a week and practicing kicking his legs and even dunking him under water a couple times too. The first time I dunked him, he hated my guts and had a death grip around my neck for a few minutes, but now it doesnt seem to bother him as much and he actually puts his own face in the water! :) He still complains a little, but only because he doesnt like the water in his eyes, not because it scares him, so I feel like we're making progress. I'd really like to get him in some swim lessons, but I need to find some on base, because it's all kind of expensive out in town. We'll see. I want to get him involved in something! Whether it's swim lessons, or a mommy and me gymnastics class of some sort. Basically anything that gets him interacting with other kids and keeps him active and happy. I mean we have toys and a little yard for him to play in, but it's always more fun for him to go somewhere else with new people and new toys and experience new things! Hopefully something will work out soon and we find something to help keep us occupied while daddy is deployed!
One more week til daddy is home from Mojave Viper! and two weeks until gammy-ammy and pap-pap come to visit!! :-D Very excited for the next few weeks!
here are some pictures from the pool the other day (not the same ones i put on facebook, this was a different day)
just a typical day in the life of Mason. maxin and relaxin in the sun :)


this is his modeling pose to get the ladies lol


peek a boo! LOL

I just think he looks miserable in this picture. He looks exhausted from the pain in his mouth. darn molars...
2 comments:
Ahhh I just love him! Lizzie refuses to put her face in the water so that's awesome that Mason likes to do it! You're doing such a great job Mama. You'll kick this deployment's booty!
Oh how i love Mason's cute face....
Post a Comment