
Communication has been much better than our FRO warned us it would be. I can't complain at all in that department, because I know I'm lucky. I've only gotten about 3 phone calls the entire time he's been gone, but I get a quick email a few times a week, so that definitely helps. It's enough for me to know he's okay and that's all I need to keep me sane. We've been able to skype a couple times since he left as well. I dont take it for granted one bit, because I know our next deployment probably won't be like this and he probably won't have as much computer access.
One of the qualities I love most about my husband, is his ability to always be positive and see the bright side of things. "It's all relative" is what he always says haha. He never complains about what it's like over there. I've never once heard him say "this sucks" or "I hate this place" or anything of the sort. I know he's a little bummed that he's not doing anything related to his MOS, but he never complains about that either. I just know it, because I know him. He's proud to be over there finally doing his part and it doesnt matter what job they give him - he'll get it done and do it well. He LOVES being a Marine. Not for the title or the glory, but because he truly loves his country and wants to do his part in helping keep it and all of us safe.
I couldn't be more proud of him. I love him and miss him more each day, but I know it will all be worth it the second I see him step off those buses. I can't wait to have our family back together. I can't wait for Mason to have his daddy back. Poor little guy misses him so much. It's amazing how happy watching one of the videos Mick made can make him. It warms my heart and breaks it at the same time.
"Whenever I start to miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss"


2 comments:
I am so happy for you girl...you'll see the next time goes by as soon as the last weeks. And like you said..you have a wonderful husband ( i don't know him in person but you told so much good things about him ) and you three are a very positive and happy family ...look at Mason, smiling on every picture. I love this little man!!!
I think it was so cute that your hubby left so many little notes in your house...that only shows how much he loves you.
Good luck for the next weeks..keep your head up and keep SMILING BABY!!
You are kickin' butt lady!! I love you guys <3 <3
Post a Comment