
1. Holiday spirit - is a little harder to get into this year in 65-70 degree weather, with palm trees all around and Mick not being here, but I'm sure as soon as we get to Ohio, I'll feel it! I'm hoping once Mick finally receives his Christmas tree I sent him that he can feel it a little too. I hate that he has to spend Christmas over there. I hate that any of our troops have to, but I'm thankful that they do it, so that we are able to enjoy our holidays at home!
2. The holidays are incomplete without - my husband, egg nog, painting the icing on my mom's sugar cookies, my uncle making anatomically correct gingerbread men and women LOL, and lastly, the movie ELF!
3. My favorite things to do around the holidays are - decorate, wrap presents, and watch ELF =) OH, and drive around to see everyone's lights!
4. A holiday tradition my family and I have is - Christmas eve we have dinner and a couple presents at my mom's house and then Christmas day we have a huge dinner and lots of presents at my aunt's house. My aunt started a new tradition a couple years ago where she goes to a bunch of different stores and buys gift cards and she puts them in a hat and goes around the room and without looking, we each get to pick 2 gift cards. It's funny to see what we all end up with. Especially when my Grandpa gets a gift card to a girlie place and says "what the hell am i gonna do with this??" LOL then we all trade the gift cards so that we all end up with something we can use, but it's funny to see the reactions when people get a card to a store they'd never set foot in LOL If my Grandpa gets bed,bath and beyond again this year - i have first dibs on that one, because I know he won't use it! haha
5. Holiday music is - nice once the holidays are actually near, but when they start playing it before Thanksgiving is even here, it's a bit much.
6. This year, I'll be spending the holidays - at home with my family and friends in Ohio and I couldn't be more happy about it! I miss everyone so much! The only thing I'm dreading is the 5 hour flight with Mason and having him adjust to the time change.
7. Holiday wish list - my husband, but he will be a late birthday present instead haha so i'll go with a handheld vacuum so that I dont have to lug the big one around to do the steps, a DVD player for our bedroom so I can actually watch a movie in bed after Mason goes to sleep, some nice serving platters since I go to all these get togethers where I have to bring a dish and I never have proper ways to transport them, and a new camera case =)


3 comments:
Where do you get these? I would love to start doing some!!!
Go here =) http://thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com/2010/12/fill-in-blank-friday.html
Gracias Tracy :)
Post a Comment