Sunday, December 12, 2010

Twilight and more baby Nate =)

Anyone who knows me, knows that I've never understood all the hype over the Twilight series. I'm not really anti-twilight.. I just don't get the craziness over the movies! I watched the first two movies so far, and they were alright, but certainly nothing that was going to make me start a countdown 300 days before the next movie comes out and start buying t-shirts and asking my husband why he isn't more like Edward. LOL However, I have heard quite a few people tell me that the books are much, much better and I've even seen a few of my "anti-twilight" friends slip over to the "dark side" after reading the books! Well, I guess I have made one too many "I just don't get all the hype" comments, because now a friend of mine has challenged me to read the books and see if I feel any differently after the fact. I'm going to give it a try. The books are huge and intimidating - especially since I'm not much of a reader - and I feel like I barely have time to sit down and relax as it is, but I'm going to try to find the time and see if these books give me a new perspective on the whole Twilight craze. I will update you all as I read to see if I get "sucked" into the dark side as well ;) hehe and thank you, Christina, for letting me (or forcing me to) borrow the books!! lol =)

Onto other news - I did a "take-two" for baby Nate. These pictures came out much better. I still haven't got the shot I really wanted to get, because this baby DOES NOT like being on his belly and he's not like a typical newborn that can sleep through anything and in any position. He's very alert and the second you move him, he wakes up and is MAD about it, so posing him for the cute newborn pictures you always see is more difficult than I had expected. We managed to get some cute ones though, so overall I'm pretty happy about it and so is his momma =) I was just especially happy to practice on someone other than my own kid haha I feel like I'm never going to get better and go anywhere with photography if I don't get out there and practice on other people, so I was thankful for the opportunity! Without further ado - here they are =)

Photobucket
sweet, sweet baby

Photobucket
checkin' out his name

Photobucket
bah humbug

Photobucket
Ma, tell this crazy lady to get the camera outta my face!

Photobucket
just hangin' out.. being content and totally adorable

Photobucket
nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby

Photobucket
what are you lookin' at?

Photobucket
Hey, Everybody!

Photobucket
so serious!

Photobucket
mr. grumpy pants

Photobucket
enough with the pictures, woman

3 comments:

Christina Canterbury said...

Awww he looks a lot like Jenn! (well to me he does.)

You did good!

Joe's Wifey said...

Beautiful pictures girlie!! I love them :)

Kelly Smith said...

I love it! (Good Job Christina!) and Good Job Tracy on the pictures!!!