
we're kicking butt. We have good days and bad days, but everyday is one day closer to hubby being home! We have some things planned to look forward to, to help these next months go by quickly. my parents are flying out for Mason's birthday in March which I'm VERY excited about!
We already have an idea when the next deployment will be. Boo. Not even halfway through the first and already have to dread the next, but that's life in the fleet for ya! If it goes the way it's looking like it will go, though, he should have a year at home before leaving again, so I can't complain too much! =)
In other news: Mason is officially binky-free and mommy and daddy are very proud of him! It was WAY too easy! I cut the tip of the nipple off and he didn't like it. He cried a little bit the first night, only cried about 5 minutes the second night, and by the third night, I told him "binkies are for babies" and he said "yucky" and threw it down and hasn't whined for it once since! If I had known it was going to be that easy, I would have done it a long time ago. Maybe he was just ready to give it up at this point, though. He's also talking a lot... a LOT. Before Mick deployed, he barely talked and I was all worried that he was behind, but now he says pretty much everything you can expect a two year old to say... and then some! I'm so impressed. He says words I didn't even know he knew or where he learned them! It's crazy! Mick is going to be so surprised at how much his little boy has grown up when he gets home! I can't wait! I dream of homecoming every night, but we still have a little over halfway to go! we're getting there!


No comments:
Post a Comment