30 Day Project: Day 17
A picture of something that has recently made a huge impact on your life
I'm slacking again... making the day 17 post on the 18th.. oh well :)
I know I just used this same thing for a post a few days ago, but it definitely fits here as well:

Deployment.
The deployment has definitely made a huge impact on my life. It's taught me a lot about myself and my marriage. It's taught me how strong I really am. I've learned how to be so much more independent. I've learned to appreciate all that my husband does for me... not that I took it for granted, but you definitely don't realize how much they help until they aren't there anymore. I'm confident that our marriage can survive anything if we can survive 7 months apart.. and we are doing that just fine. In fact, I think our marriage has gotten stronger. We've learned to communicate better, because occasional communication is our only option. I've learned to only stress about what really matters and let go of everything else. I've learned who my true friends are and who I can count on to be there for support. I've learned that my son is more amazing that I ever thought possible and is the coolest little dude around. I've learned to make the most of each day. I've become more outgoing. and, well I already knew this, but now it's just even more true - my husband is the most amazing man I've ever met and even though he's not perfect (nobody is) he's absolutely perfect for me and I can't wait until he's back home!
I've also learned how romantic he can be. I'm STILL, 3 months later, finding notes that he hid around the house :) I'm so incredibly blessed!
"you never realize how strong you really are until being strong is your only option."


1 comment:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that he left you little notes. That is probably the sweetest thing ever! You're kickin' butt lady!
Post a Comment