Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


The day is almost over, but just wanted to say I hope everyone was able to have a wonderful day today, reguardless of where you were or who you spent it with! Today, I had an adorable little valentine =) Mick is deployed this year, as you all know, but honestly, it's nothing new that we aren't spending Valentine's Day together. I think in the 5 V-days that we've been together, we've only got to spend 1, maybe 2 together. (I can't remember if we got to spend 2008 together or if he was in the field) I'm not complaining at all. I mean, I wish we could spend it together, but he's got an important job, and it really just makes the times we do get to spend together that much more special. When we finally do get to spend a Valentine's Day together, it's sure to be extra special. It stinks, but it's worth it. He's an amazing person who is overseas doing things that most guys are only brave enough to sit around playing video games about! I'm so proud of him =)

Anyway, I made the most of my Valentine's Day! I wasn't all "debbie downer" about it like "oh Valentine's Day sucks. boo hoo" haha Mason recently started a mommy and me preschool and today he had his first valentine's day party. It was so cute! He passed out valentines to all his classmates and then they got lots of yummy snacks! We spent the rest of the morning/early afternoon burning off the sugar rush outside in the beautiful California sun. After the rush wore off, Mason crashed and napped for 2 hours which = ME TIME, which is always much appreciated! I got a knock at the door and recieved a BEAUTIFUL arrangement of red roses and calla lillies (my fav) from my wonderful husband along with a sweet message! Totally made my day! Even from halfway around the world, he knows just how to make me smile and show me how much he cares. Love him SO much! Then when Mason finally woke up, we went to my friend Christina's for dinner and more candy (This sugar rush kept Mason up until 11 p.m. LOL not looking forward to his crankiness tomorrow... or his diapers from all the junk food LOL)

All in all, I really can't complain! I had a pretty great day today! About as great as a Valentine's day without your lover can be, I suppose! I would have loved to have been able to spend the day with him, but there is always next year. I'm so thankful for my wonderful friends and family, who helped keep a smile on my face and for my amazing husband who never lets me down and always knows how to make me feel special.

so before the day ends (it's 11:56 p.m. Cali time) here is a big Happy Valentine's Day from us to you all!


Photobucket
Mason's preschool Valentine's Day party 2-14-2011

Photobucket

No comments: