Mason turned 2 years old on the 28th. We officially have a toddler on our hands! Unfortunately, my months of party planning was a complete waste, because Mason came down with some kind of bug a week before his party and I was too afraid to get anyone else sick and had to cancel it! I was going to just reschedule for the following week, but when I talked to Mick, I just blurted out "or maybe I'll just wait until you get home to have his party" and that was it. He got so excited and said "I'm SO pumped that you're going to wait for me, because I hated the fact that I was missing it anyway!" haha so now, Mason will be having a belated birthday party sometime in May. It's not that big of a deal. All the decorations can be held onto until then and Mason is still young enough that it's not going to matter to him. Unfortunately, I had a $75 cake for 20-25 being made that couldn't be cancelled....

My parents (Mason's Gi-Gi and pap-pap) came out to visit for his birthday, so he was still able to have a nice birthday with a few presents and, of course, PLENTY of cake. It's safe to see he wasn't deprived of a birthday celebration one bit!

After our own celebration, we decided to bring our neighbors some cake. They thanked us by getting out the skateboard and taking Mason for rides up and down the street! He had SO much fun! If he smiled any harder, I think his cheeks would have exploded haha



Overall, I'd say the little guy had a pretty great birthday! Now Daddy just needs to get his butt home, so we can have that party! ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment