Thursday, March 31, 2011

Welcome Home!



I was asked to take pictures for my friend Laura as she welcomed home her husband, Steven after 12 LONG months and I was absolutely honored to do so. She knows I'm by no means a professional, but I really wanted to do my best at capturing the moment. Steven came in on a governement vehicle about 40 minutes ahead of the buses with the rest of the unit. The driver parked near the back of the parade deck and Laura spotted Steven stepping out and TOOK OFF RUNNING! haha I don't blame her one bit, because I would do the same thing, however, anyone who knows Laura, knows she is VERY athletic! haha The girl ran like the wind and it was a HUGE parade deck, so I couldn't keep up with her, but I tried like heck!! haha Because of this, the only moment I did not get was the actual act of her jumping onto him haha I did get the pictures, but they were blurry because I was still running haha I still got the first hug and kiss though, so hopefully she forgave me ;) I wish I could have gotten ahead of her so I could have gotten the hug from the other side to see the relief on her face, but I just wasn't fast enough. She said she really liked the pictures and hopefully she meant it. Here are some of my favorites =)

Photobucket
huge smile after a phone call telling her that he's on base!

Photobucket
first hug!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
first kiss in 12 long months

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I am in LOVE with these...you did an awesome job :)

Ashleigh said...

Tracy, you did an amazing job!!!

Christina Canterbury said...

I thought they turned out great! I think you are too hard on yourself sometimes!!!! ;)