It's hard to believe Mick has been home for just over a week now. May 9th. I'll never forget that day as long as I live! There are no words to describe the excitement I felt as I watched him break through that sea of camoflauge and walk towards us. It's true when they say the past 7 months just disappears. In some ways, it feels like he was gone forever and missed so much, mainly when it comes to how much Mason has changed, but in other ways, it's like he never left. In all ways, though, it's amazing. I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing it's been to have him home. Mason is completely in love and does not want to let his daddy out of his sight. The night Mick got home, Mason just kept staring at him and smiling and saying "Hi Daddy! hug! tisses daddy!" Even now, he'll stop what he's doing, look at me with that big ornery grin and say "Daddy home!" Daddy is his best friend for sure. For me, it's like he never left. We picked right back up where we left off 7 months ago. I think we communicate better now, which will only make our relationship stronger.
I really hate deployments, but homecomings sure do make them worth it!! The best part about homecoming, for me, was the fact that Mason actually went to Mick. Everyone told me he probably wouldn't. I didn't think he would either. I knew he'd be happy to see his daddy, but I expected him to be a little shy at first. When he took off towards his daddy, you could tell he was a bit hesitant, but he never stopped, and I lost it. I knew if Mason went to Mick I would lose it... we both would. and we did. I had Mick all prepared for a negative reaction from Mason, just in case, so when Mason walked right up to him with a smile, it just melted his heart. =) Anyway, that's enough blabbing... onto the picture overload.. and a video at the bottom!

(hanging my banner a couple days before homecoming)

(huge banner on garage thanks to one of my best friend's fiance, and my car)

(so excited to get daddy!)

(havin fun while we wait)



(THERE HE IS!)

(after Mason took off to Mick.. this is about where I lost it)








(complete)




(so content in his daddy's arms)

(my entourage of photographers/videographer! haha some of the best friends I could ask for and couldn't have gotten through the deployment without them! THANK YOU!)
aaand here's the video =)
(p.s. the funniest part about this video is my friends running circles around us getting the pictures hahaha! I love them for it!)
I have a few more posts I hope to be getting to in the next couple days - a friend's homecoming and our 1st of 3 Disney trips! but this is all I could get to this morning, because photobucket is soooo slow and took forever to resize these pics


4 comments:
Welcome Home Mick- I have to tell you, thats the part that cracked me up about that video too is watching everyone fly around you taking pics!!! haha :)
YAY! Welcome Home Mick!!!
I love your pictures, totally made my eyes tear up!
It doesn't matter how many times I look at those homecoming pics, I cry every time! :) SO SO SOOOOO THRILLED for you three!
Post a Comment