Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My husband came home from deployment and all I got was....


PREGNANT!

(^LOL^ I'm such a dork, I know)

We've actually known for a few weeks now... July 16th to be exact, but we wanted to make sure things were going well this time before we announced it. We both agreed to wait until we saw a heartbeat on an ultrasound to let everyone in on our secret. Our family and a few close friends knew, but that was it. There were some people I just couldn't hide it from, because let's face it, the first time I had to pass up a glass of wine, they would instantly know something was up anyway haha so now the cat's out of the bag!

As I mentioned, we found out on July 16th.. which was ridiculously early to find out because I technically wasn't going to be "late" until the 22nd. After what happened last fall, I told myself I wasn't going to test early anymore, to save us both unneccesary heartache if I had another chemical pregnancy. However, I was EXHAUSTED beyond words, I was cranky, I was getting up at night to go to the bathroom, which I NEVER do and if anyone tried to hug me I was ready to punch them because it hurt so much haha. We had watermelon one night and I watched Mick and Mason munch away like it was the most delicious watermelon ever, but as soon as I sunk my teeth into a piece, I spit it back out and said "ugh..that tastes terrible! it has to be bad!" Mick looked at me like I was completely insane and said it tasted fine. The final straw that made me test was Saturday the 16th as we were driving home from, oddly enough, Babies R Us, (we went to get Mason potty training supplies) I got a wave of nausea out of nowhere. All those symptoms together made me decide it was time to take a test.

I took the test and there was a VERY faint line. Even though everything I've read says that if there's a line, your pregnant, no matter how faint the line is, but of course that wasn't enough to convince either of us haha I decided I was going to go get a haircut and stop at walmart on the way home to pick up one of the tests that say either "yes" or "no" so that there was no confusion or guessing games. Well, even though I had gone to the bathroom before I left the house and gotten right in for my haircut, so it's not like I had to wait at all, by the time I was done and got to walmart, I was literally walking with my legs crossed trying to hold it haha I picked up a pregnancy test, paid for it and went straight to the bathrooms. Yes, I felt like a 16 yr old that was too afraid to take a test at home for fear her parent's would find it LOL but really, I had to go, so I figured why not! haha I took the test and sat there waiting and the longer it took to give me the results, the more I regreted my decision to test early. I just KNEW it was going to say NO. Finally after what seemed like forever, but was probably more like 2 minutes, the result popped up


(yes, I'm sad to say, that is the test on top of a toilet paper dispenser at walmart LOL)

I was 3 weeks, 4 days when I found out. Like, I said.. really early. I'm hoping that means it's a good, healthy pregnancy. I'm 7 weeks, 1 day as I write this, which means I still have quite a few weeks to go before I'm out of the first trimester and into the "safe zone" (although I don't know why they call it that, because things can go wrong at any point during a prengnacy) Today we had our first ultrasound... our first look at the new little life starting to grow inside of me! I was so nervous and worried this time around, that I can't explain the relief I felt as I watched the heartbeat flutter away on the screen. I had to hold back tears. We're both so in love with this new baby already! Even Mason can't stop talking about the baby in mommy's belly and insists that it's a baby sister. (I swear we didn't teach him to say that. We asked if he thought it was a brother or sister and he says sister everytime) The next appointment is in eary September, so I will be sure to keep you all posted! In the meantime, here are a few pictures of soon-to-be newest family member! Baby Negron coming March 27th, 2012 (and big brother Mason's birthday is the 28th!)


our first look at baby Negron #2. Doesn't look much like a baby yet, but we were actually able to see little arm and leg buds sticking out on the screen. It's actually upside down, so the head is the bottom part and little legs starting to form at the top =)


our first "family of 4" photo


and finally.. here is Mason's prediction =)

No comments: