Wednesday, January 25, 2012

31 weeks and counting...



I'm now 31 weeks pregnant with Miss Emmalyn and definitely feeling it. I felt great the whole 2nd trimester, but as soon as the 3rd hit, it all went downhill. I'm in constant pain between my hips and my back. I'm short of breath all the time. I'm EXHAUSTED. but I'm happy =) In roughly 2 months, I will have my baby girl in my arms and Mason will officially be a big brother! We are all so excited to meet her!

At the same time, though, I keep finding myself getting more and more sad that my time with Mason as our only child is so quickly coming to an end. I'm nervous that I won't be able to divide my time between both kids evenly enough. I don't want Mason to ever feel like Emma is "replacing" him, because that little boy is the absolute light of my life. I just hope I can find a happy medium. I'm sure that this is a pretty common worry among any parent adding more children to a household and I'm sure we'll find our "groove" and it'll all work out just fine, but my preggo hormones keep me up at night stressing about it. I think Mason will have a hard time adjusting at first. He's definitely a "momma's boy" and is not going to want to share me, but then again, he's always adjusted to things easier than I expected him to, so maybe I should give the kiddo some more credit ;)

A lot of people have been asking me lately if we are done having kids after Emma. I really don't have an answer for that. I think I'll be content with two for awhile, but I'm certainly not saying "I'm done" and ruling out the possibility of more children in the future either. We're just taking it one kid at a time. Whatever will be, will be ;)

Anyway, we went to a 3d/4d ultrasound place and got a few new pics of little miss :) She's got a chubby belly and may end up having her daddy's fuller lips! I can't wait to see what she really looks like!

Check out this pouty little face :)




=)

and here is the big brother to be doing what he does best.. being cute and silly :)





and one final picture... the beached whale at 30 weeks :)



No comments: