Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pledge of Allegiance



I already posted this on facebook, so most people that actually read this blog have already seen it, but I'm just so proud of my little boy. I don't know many two and a half year olds that can recite the Pledge of Allegiance. I never sat him down and taught him this. He learned it on his own at school, because twice a week when we go to mommy and me preschool, one of the kids who is the "happy helper" holds up the flag and we all say the pledge. Of course, it's mainly the mom's who say it, because that's a lot for 2 year olds to memorize. One day, while doing some Christmas shopping, we were in Kmart and Mason saw a flag. He instantly stood up in the cart (he was in the big part of the shopping cart, not the seat) put his hand over his heart and recited the pledge. I was shocked, because I had no idea he knew the whole thing! When we got home, I got out a flag I had from Mick's homecoming and he did it again, so I got it on video. He says a few things wrong (like "pee puppy" for "republic" LOL) but overall, I'm pretty impressed. As one of my good friend's husband's would say... that's a GREAT AMERICAN in the making ;)



No comments: