Saturday, February 25, 2012

35.4 weeks.




(photo courtesy of Christina Canterbury)

I can't believe it's almost time to meet our sweet baby girl! She's been giving me a hard time lately. I've been in lots of pain, but I know it will be worth it in the end. Sometimes I say "I just want her out" and Mick reminds me that she needs to "cook" as long as possible in there.. but you know what.. until he is able to be pregnant, I don't want to hear his advice! LOL (kidding, obviously... as much as I am "done" being pregnant at times, I know he's 100% right and she needs to "cook" a little longer first. just as long as it's not TOO much longer ;) hehe)



I'm 35 1/2 weeks. I had Mason at 38 weeks 2 days and with any luck, Emmalyn will come around the same time. Of course, people have told me "don't count on it" and then proceed to tell me their first came early, but they had to be induced with the second. I know that's always possible, but we will NOT be speaking of such things! haha I'm just going to keep my heart set on the fact that Emmalyn knows that Mommy, Daddy and her big Bro are anxiously waiting to meet her and she's going to come out soon ;)

Speaking of her big brother, I've been trying to enjoy the last weeks of him being an only child as much as possible. I feel bad, because he's a wired almost-3-year-old who constantly wants to run and says things like "chase me mommy!" "come get me mommy" and I have to keep reminding, that mommy CANNOT run at this point and therefore CANNOT chase haha. It's impossible. I tried. I got the bright idea on the treadmill one day to try some light jogging and was in tears off and on the remainder of the day, because I was in so much pain over it. It felt like someone had taken a hammer to my pubic bone and crushed it... so no, sweet boy, I literally CANNOT chase you :( I am excited to have Emmalyn here, get back to "myself" and be able to run around with my crazy boy again. He's so full of energy and so excited about everything and I just want to be able to enjoy all that with him again. Quite frankly, I'm just no fun lately. I'm cranky, sore, tired, etc... so as much as I try to be a "fun" mom, it's just not happening.. at least not for a few more weeks. Thankfully, he doesn't seem to mind too much :)


He's going to be such a good big brother. LOVE HIM!


flying his first kite with daddy!

No comments: