Tuesday, March 27, 2012

She's here! Pics and labor story :)


She's actually 8 days old now! Meet Emmalyn Grace Negron:




She was born March 19, 2012 at 10:59am weighing in at 6 lbs 5.5 oz and 18 inches long. Just a little peanut :)


On March 18th, we took Mason to the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla. We walked around for about 2 hours and once we got home, I got on the treadmill and walked another mile. I was determined to get this little girl out before my due date, which was actually today. I started having contractions that night around 6pm, but they were 8-10 minutes apart, so I was fairly convinced that it wasn't going to happen that night and if anything, it was just working it's way up to the "real thing". When I went to bed that night, my contractions were still 8-10 minutes apart and kind of painful, but not enough to convince me that "tonight's the night". I woke up an hour later and they were 2 minutes apart, super painful and I was bleeding. Needless to say, we were in a slight panic mode! We called a friend to come and stay with Mason, but she had a good 30 minute drive before she could get to our house, so we ended up having the neighbors come over to stay with Mason until our friend could get there. Mick was scared, because everytime he turned around, I was having another contraction, so he just wanted to get me to the hospital!

When we got to the hospital, they checked me and I was only 2 cm dilated. I thought for sure it was going to be a lonnnnng labor and I was frustrated to only be a 2. They made me walk the halls for an hour (the longest, most painful hour of my life I think) and checked me again at 5:30 am. I had progressed to 3 cm and they admitted me and gave me an epidural right away. Then I was happy haha. At 8 am, I was 5-6 cm dilated and by 9:30 I was at an 8. Sometime around this time, her heartrate dropped and scared us to death. I'll never forget hearing her heartbeat slow to almost nothing and the nurses rushing around me, moving me, jiggling my belly and throwing an oxygen mask over my face. It was the longest 3 minutes of our lives. I felt completely helpless, because until they got her heartrate up, no one really said anything or let us know what was happening. Apparently when they moved me to my right side, it moved her onto the umbilical cord, so as soon as I moved back to my left side, her heartrate came back up and she was fine. WHEW.

After we got her heartrate straightened out, they were going to wait awhile to check me, but I felt an insane amount of pressure and knew that she was right there. I asked the nurse to check me and sure enough she said "Oh, yep! There's her head! Let's call the doctor!" The doctor was finishing up with a patient, IN ANOTHER BUILDING and said she'd be right over. Probably 40 minutes later, while holding the baby IN the entire time, because each contraction was pushing her out, it was finally time to push. On my next contraction, they told me to push and I asked if I could push the button for the epidural one last time for an extra dose and they told me there wasn't enough time and she was coming. I pushed literally one time and she was here!






I got admitted at 5:30 am and had my sweet baby girl at 10:59 am. and to top it all off, they let us go home at 11 am the next day. So 5 1/2 hours of labor and only a 24 hour hospital stay. It doesn't get much better than that! I had a great birthing experience with both my babies, so I consider myself very lucky!

Mason is absolutely in LOVE with his baby sister and constantly wants to be holding her, "petting" her, and kissing her. He loves helping me burp her and even throws dirty diapers away for me. :) He's such a good big brother already!


taken by Christina C

taken by Brittany P


So the Negron family is now officially a family of 4! (well 6 if you count the dogs) A handsome, fun-loving, rowdy little boy and a tiny, pretty princess have our hearts overflowing with love. We know we are truly blessed to have two happy, healthy, adorable little kids and we can't imagine our lives without them <3


taken by Christina C

No comments: