Emmalyn turned one month old on the 19th. How is that even possible?! Didn't I just bring her home?! Anyway, it's been pretty hectic with daddy being away training. He left when she was just 10 days old and won't be coming home until next Friday... and we can't WAIT. haha Mason seems to love her, but also is having a hard time adjusting, which I totally understand. He's use to being mommy's little man and the center of attention, so having this new baby come into the house and take a majority of my time away from him - it's surely going to effect him a little. Throw daddy leaving on top of that and it's a recipe for some major acting out/tantrums. I can definitely understand why he's been behaving the way he has, but it sure doesn't make it easier to deal with! I feel so bad for him, because he looks at me with those big brown eyes and says "play with me mommy", but at the same time, Emma is screaming for me to feed her, dinner is burning, the dogs are whining to be let out or fed and I've heated up my coffee 4 times already, so I look at him, holding back tears myself and say, "I just can't now buddy, I'm sorry" and then his little face just drops :( It breaks my heart. I love that lil boy so much and I'm so scared that he thinks he's been replaced. It's obviously NOT the case, cuz he's my favorite lil man in the world! I try to make sure I set aside special time for just him and I each day while Emmalyn is napping, but it doesn't always work out the way I hope it does. I'm doing the best I can with the cards we've been dealt for now and that's all I can do.. Hurry up April 27th! haha I'm SO thankful this was just 4 weeks of training and not a deployment and I have a new found respect for all military wives who have given birth to a 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, etc) child while their husbands were away or if their husbands left shortly after the birth. It's HARD. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but it's harder than I ever imagined. whew! okay enough about that.
Emmalyn is starting to get the hang of things. For almost a week now, she's been sleeping 10 pm - 5 am. NO COMPLAINTS HERE! haha She is a little colicky, so when she's awake, she's screaming.. especially in the evening, but aside from that, she's such a good little baby. She's losing all those newborn wrinkles and starting to just look... I don't know.. "girly"! haha She's a little princess already and I LOVE dressing her up. Mason gets a little jealous about how I make over how adorable her clothes are and he tried to dress up in her pettiskirt the other day so I would make over him too LOL I sent daddy a picture.. which he was NOT AT ALL thrilled about ;)
Overall, the past month has been a complete blur, but we are getting by. Hopefully once daddy gets home, we can all start to get adjusted and really enjoy being a family of four!
We are heading to Ohio next month and are all looking forward to seeing family and for everyone to meet our newest addition! It's been almost a year since I've been home.. way too long!
As always, here are a few pics of the kiddos :)






No comments:
Post a Comment