Saturday, September 8, 2012

slacker.

I just noticed I haven't posted anything since May. Life has just been busy.. but in a good way :) Lots of updates since last time. We found out Mick got career designated, which means the Marine Corps can't boot us out in March and he will be picking up Captain by Jan/Feb!! (so proud!) Now it's just a wait to see where we will go next. He could be picked up for a deployment (we could have as little as a 7 day notice before he leaves.. and his name is at the top of the list) or we could just get to enjoy the rest of our SoCal stay until we move anytime between next spring/summer. He requested b billets all over Ohio, PA and VA, so hopefully we get something closer to home!
Emmalyn is almost 6 months old now.. where has the time gone?! She's the silliest, craziest, most beautiful, hyper little almost-6-month-old I know :) She loves her big brother, loves the doggies, LOVES swimming and bath time (such a water baby), HATES PEAS.. with every fiber of her being. She's a drama queen already. I joked about it all the time, but found it to be true when I discovered her pure hatred for peas.. she lets out this overly exaggerated ridiculous gagging sound at the very taste of them on her lips. It's so over-the-top dramatic that it's cute LOL I've created a monster already haha =)
and for our BIG BOY Mason, LOTS of happenings are in store! He will be starting his first "real" preschool next week! We've done mommy & me preschool for the past two years, but this will be his first drop-off kind of school. He's SO excited, and I'm dreading it. I'm excited for him, but I know I'm going to tear up when I drop him off and he runs off to his class without even looking back. I'm proud of him though. He's come such a long way. He use to be so shy and clingy and couldn't leave my side (not even long enough to let me go to the bathroom) He's a completely different boy now and while I'm so proud of him, a little part of me misses the little boy who always NEEDED his momma :( I know it's just all part of him growing up and it's just the first of MANY times I'll have to learn to "let go". It'll be great for him and I can't wait to hear how many stories he has for me after his first day! :) Also, his second session of soccer has ended and rather than sign him up for soccer again, we wanted to expose him to some different sports. We were going to do baseball since we found a place that teaches 3-5 year olds, but we missed sign ups, so we decided to try gymnastics. We took him to an open gym last week and he ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! He went crazy bouncing off the walls jumping from one thing to another. Our next step is to get his assessment done, so they can decide what class he needs to be in. Daddy says he can do gymnastics until he's 5.. just to build his coordination and strength.. maybe even 10.. as long as it's not his "main" sport.. then he has to do something more "manly" LOL Whatever works! I love my little boy and I just want him to be happy. Nothing beats seeing a smile on that kid's face!
As for myself, I'm just enjoying the kiddos, spending time with hubs and friends and trying my best to improve in photography. I've started "doing business" with an etsy company.. she sends me headbands and in return, I send her pictures of babies wearing them. Works out perfectly and I'm really excited about it! I've really been working hard to improve lately and have noticed a big change, but I don't think I'll ever stop trying to get better. I still have a long way to go, but I'm loving it! I think that's all the big updates for now ;) Hopefully it won't take me so long to update again!

No comments: