Saturday, November 3, 2012

This is Halloween, This is Halloween!

Hey all! I thought I'd do a little post of the kids' Halloween costumes this year. We had a lot of fun picking out and planning the costumes and pictures this year. This was the first year that we decided Mason was big enough to have his own say in a costume. Up until now, I have always decided what he would be (and I loved it!) but now he's a big boy and is capable of starting to make some of his own decisions, so this year we let him pick. He said he wanted to be a super hero. He really doesn't know the difference between Superman, Spiderman, Batman or any others at this point, so I just went with the most obvious.. Super Hero=Superman!

side note: every time he tells us something that surprises us and we ask him "how did you know that?!?" His answer is, "cuz I'm a super hero" hehe and he says it so nonchalant like, "duh, guys.. come on, you knew that" so a superhero was the best choice for a costume this year!

I had a few ideas in mind for pictures, but knew I was going to need some help. Mick was in the field, so I called my friend Christina and sure enough, with her help, we were able to get some super cute pictures of my very own Superman! I wanted to get pictures where it looked like he was flying, so we had Christina's husband throw Mason in the air like a hundred times (no joke.. poor guy lol) and Christina and I snapped pictures until one of us got the perfect picture. She got this one and it was the best!

She also took this one earlier in the day:

sometimes being a big brother is even better than being a super hero
and here are just a few others that I took of my Super Hero Mason:)
his face in this one CRACKS me up

After we managed to get all these pictures and I was ready to call it a day, Christina said, "wait a minute. Wouldn't be funny if we made it look like he was holding up a car.. like his cozy coupe?" and before I knew it, Cory was making it happen! He wrapped a bunch of fishing line around the car and hung it from a tree and we made Mason stand under it. HILARIOUS!! So full idea credit for this picture goes to Christina! This was the end result:


This year was extra exciting, because it was also Emmalyn's 1st Halloween! and for at least the next couple years, I get to decide what she's going to dress up as ;) haha I know when she's Mason's age, we'll probably be doing all the Disney princess costumes (which I'm SO excited for), but for now, I get to pick and I wanted to dress her up as something different than every other baby on the block would be. I got the idea off pinterest (of course) and decided to dress her up as a little Indian. Let me tell you, she was the CUTEST little indian I've ever seen! :)
I'm so glad I went with that costume, because she was definitely original and I made the tutu myself! The headband came from Lexi Couture I had contacted the owner telling her what I was looking for and told her I couldn't find anything like it on etsy and asked if she could make it. She did an AMAZING job. It was perfect! and since then, she had made it available on her etsy page and sold tons of them for Halloween, so it brought in some extra business for her as well! Double win! hehe

So that was our halloween this year. The kids had tons of fun (mostly Mason of course, since Emma is still too small to enjoy the best part: CANDY!) I love that Mason is big enough to really understand things and get excited about them now.. and he gets excited over EVERYTHING! He's so full of life! If only we could still see things the way kids do. :) I'm not sure what we'll come up with next year, but I can assure you there will be lots of pictures ;)

No comments: