Saturday, November 24, 2012

Turkey day, baby Chloe and ORDERS!

Gobble Gobble!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We, unfortunately, had to cancel our plans with friends (family away from home) due to the little miss having croup, but we definitely still had something to be super thankful for this year - it was the first time Mick was home with us to celebrate in 4 years!!


For throwing an entire Thanksgiving meal together in a day, because we had only planned on having to make a side and a dessert, we did pretty darn good if I do say so myself! We had a turkey, cheesy hashbrowns, green bean casserole, stuffing, and apple caramel cookies. That's plenty of food for a family of 4.. one of which is super picky and another who isn't eating table foods yet, because she only has 2 tiny teeth haha! Needless to say, we got our bellies full with PLENTY of leftovers. We'll be eating leftovers for the next week and plenty of family memories were made. =)


IN OTHER NEWS:... On the 19th, my new baby neice, Chloe was born!

She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I cannot wait to get home and get my hands on her! The kids and I will be flying home next weekend for a couple weeks (Mick has to stay here and go to the field.. blah) and I CANNOT wait to see all my family and especially meet this precious baby girl. Chloe and Emmalyn are almost exactly 8 months apart... almost to the minute. Emma was born on March 19th at 10:59 am and and Chloe came Nov 19th at 11:21 am. I love how close in age they are and the fact that they'll probably be into the same things at the same time. Princesses and barbies.. haha can't wait!
vv isn't she beautiful?! vv


and lastly, WE HAVE ORDERS!!! We don't know exactly when yet, but we will be moving to/near Kent, OHIO this spring/summer!!!! Mick got OSO orders (officer recruiting) to Kent and I couldn't be more excited! We will finally be closer to family. The kids can grow up with and play with cousins. They will actually KNOW their family members and not be shy around them anymore because it's been 6+ months since they last saw them. I'm over-the-moon excited!!! When I first got married, I just wanted to "get away" and travel and move all around and experience new people and places, but once I had kids, that all changed. I realized how much I took my family for granted and how important they were in my life and the lives of my children. I'm so thankful that for the next 3 years, we'll only be a short 2ish hour drive away and I can see them whenever I want :) It's also great news for Mick's side of the family, because since we'll live so close to my family, we don't have to constantly divide our travel up between the two, which means we'll hopefully be able to travel to Florida more often to see his family! =)

P.s. - this news made my mom's entire YEAR! Santa came early for my family. Between Chloe being born and finding out about our move in the same week, I don't think they can even handle all the happiness and excitement! haha Even Mick is excited, because ever since he came to visit me for the first time when we were dating, he's always said he loves Ohio and wants to settle down there one day. So yay for everybody being happy!

Of course, I'm also feeling a little nervous and sad. I absolutely LOVE California and the friends I have here, so it's going to be hard to say goodbye. I keep reminding myself that a lot of my friends have already moved and the ones that are left are mostly in their last year or so as well, so we'd all be going seperate ways soon anyway, but the goodbyes just never get easier... definitely one of the hardest parts of military life. Thankfully, I know we'll still all keep in touch, and more than likely our paths will cross again at some point and that makes me smile. =)

So that is what has been happening in our "neck of the woods". Now we are gearing up for the holiday season and enjoying our time left in California! It's been a memorable 2 1/2 years so far and this place will be close to my heart forever. I've never been attached to a place in the military yet, but SoCal definitely made it's mark! We plan on making some awesome memories while we are here and are looking very forward to a new chapter in Ohio =) GO BUCKS!

No comments: